Thursday, August 2, 2012

nr2 chp8


CHAPTER 8

                  Arya was losing it. He was under the impression that Mitiksha was in some way related to the girl he’d saved on earth; and that Mitiksha knew Arya had met her. He thought that this was the reason why she had so much interest in Arya. But this was highly impossible… Although I had to agree, the most impossible things were happening with us these days. “Arya, Lune? Do you remember when we were site seeing the first day here?” Marsella asked. “Yeah so? What about that?” “You do remember don’t you? Mitiksha had compared the leaves to the gold on earth. I’d seen something in her eyes. Something like fear. I felt like she was hiding something, but she’d covered it well”. This bought back the memory. Even I’d seen her eyes widening. “Even when she was helping me with Lusciata after Tony’s attack, she was in a two-state mind, whether to help me or not. But I’m glad her good-side won”, Marsella added.
                  “We need to talk to her” I said. Arya was pretty confident something was fishy. “You think we could just talk her into it?” he said. “She’s a pretty strong woman, not just physically. I don’t think she’d be willing for a conversation.  Especially one, which involves her secret.” Arya was right. “I guess we’ll be taking the most native step then!” Marsella said with an it’s-so-obvious look. “Let’s kidnap her.” Grandpa was still on bed, with the others taking care of him. No one would even realize if we were gone. We all went to where Mitiksha was. She was near her rora as usual. I really hated it. “Maybe we should come some other time. We’ll never be able to fight that rora of hers”. Marsella was right. But Arya had made up his mind. It wasn’t in his nature to back off. He turned around and said, “Brains are mightier than the sword”.  Arya went ahead to talk to her. He was going to convince her to come for a walk with him, send the rora away and then we would ambush her.  All went according to the plan.
                  As she was walking with Arya, Marsella and I attacked her and tied her to a tree. She was outraged and man! she looked bloodcurdling! “Mitiksha, calm down! We’re not going to hurt you.” Arya kept saying. But she was in no mood to agree, “Then why you attack me? Why you tie me?” I felt guilty for doing this to her, but this was the only way. She started screaming so we had to tie her mouth too. Luckily, after some time she gave up and stopped struggling. Arya reached Mitiksha. He treated her like she was fragile. I wished Arya liked girls, he could stay happily here with Mitiksha and leave Yen alone. God! What was wrong with me! I couldn’t lose my focus.
                  We started our interrogation. We told her about all the clues we’d gathered. “You know the girl I saved that day on earth, don’t you? Tell me how you know her. Are there other humans that you have here? Tell us the truth Mitiksha. Please tell us the truth.” Was she rolling her eyes? She was impossible! A few moments later, she had the most innocent `damsel in distress’ face. We slowly released her mouth. She was breathing heavily. In a second, her expression changed back to ferocious. “I was wrong. You all bad. You have no love. Always kill and hurt us. No respect, no respect…” She was mad at humans. She closed her eyes. We thought it was disgrace that she was showing, but Marsella guessed right. “Oh no she’s calling her rora! We need to run now…” We hadn’t even processed all of this when Mitiksha’s rora showed up. This was the second time we’d seen it angry. We didn’t want to put up a fight, because we didn’t wanna hurt any of them. To show the same, I released Mitiksha in front of the rora. I thought they’d understand my white-flag gesture. Ofcourse, I was wrong. Mitiksha had the advantage of the situation. She took us down very easily along with her rora, and now we were the ones tied to a tree.
                  Once we were all tired of freeing ourselves from the rope, surprisingly, she sent her rora away. I guess she didn’t need it now. “You want to know our plan. I’ll give you your last wish.” We gasped. “Please don’t kill us Mitiksha. I don’t know how to make you understand. What we did with you was wrong. We shouldn’t have kidnapped you.  We only wanted the truth out of you.” Arya explained. Mitiksha replied immediately, “You mean that kid’s play where you tied me to the tree? That’s nothing. What’s bad is you nature. You tricked me in this. First Pikshtra hurt us, now you. You want to kill us. NO, I WILL KILL YOU”. “Please Mitiksha, trust us, and please tell us how you know that girl on earth. Are you sisters? You’ll look the same.” Mitiksha was in a dilemma. She gradually gave in and said, “All Prismates hate humans. Pikshtra had made blast here when he took Fiddle and Fiona. Many died, all were crying. We wanted revenge. We made our weapons and space shuttles.” She had to be kidding. Prisma had space shuttles? Mitiksha continued, “The girl you saw Arya, was not my sister. Was me…”
                  “We planned. From two years, we have been visiting earth. All we see is chaos, riots, stealing and bloodshed. All bad. Even pollution. People on earth destroying themselves. We just making it easier for them. We have mission-destroy earth. When I came to earth, Arya saved me. I don’t know why. Earth people don’t save, only destroy. And you came with Fiddle and Fiona. That’s why I asked my rora to stop on the first day. But I see you are all players. You will die… I destroyed your shuttle, I killed your friend, and kidnapped the other one.” Out of all the things that were happening with us, this left us stunned for the longest time.
                  We were here to save Prismates from Tony. But the breaking news was that Prismates were already on their mission to destroy earth. We couldn’t think, couldn’t move. We were aliens on earth as well as Prisma. Was there no planet I could call home? Prismates were planning to destroy earth merely because every time they landed, co-incidentally they witnessed only murders, riots and thefts. That was insane. Mitiksha continued, “Now you know everything. You are free to die.” With that sentence she simply left. Why did she go if she wanted to kill us? We were numb anyways.
                  We heard large thuds of footsteps. Now we started moving our heads to search where the voice was coming from. “I hate Mitiksha!” Marsella cursed, “She very well knows how much we hate them.” Within no time, we were surrounded by roras. They had the same expression, like they had on the day we’d arrived. All of them together, with no Mitiksha this time...

No comments: